The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2024 is a program designed to help government officials and professionals learn advanced knowledge and techniques about the ocean and international law on the seas. It is organized by the United Nations and is open to people from developing countries who work in related fields or marine sciences.
The fellowship provides an opportunity for research and learning under the supervision of experienced supervisors. The program takes place in the United States, with three months spent in New York for research and training, followed by six months in a chosen institution for specialized learning. The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship lasts for nine months in total. After completing the program, the fellows are expected to return to their home countries and contribute to policy-making regarding ocean laws and regulations. This is an amazing opportunity to study in US.
Did you check – Top 10 Scholarships in Italy | Study in Italy for free
UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship
There are thirty-two (32) institutions worldwide that host the UNNF fellows. The fellows need to select one of these institutions as their host for the program. The fully funded fellowship covers all expenses, and there are specific requirements for the fellows, including writing a 100-page thesis, giving a research presentation, and creating an ocean governance matrix. However, the research proposal must demonstrate the individual’s dedication to improving the implementation of ocean laws and affairs.
The 2024 United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship offers various financial benefits in addition to the learning opportunities mentioned earlier. All the benefits will be discussed in detail below. Furthermore, this article provides a comprehensive explanation of the eligibility criteria and application process for this fully-funded international professional program by the United Nations. If you are a government official or a mid-level professional involved in supporting the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), it is highly recommended that you apply for the United Nations fellowship program.
Host Country: US
Host Organization: United Nations
Fellowship Duration: 9 Months
Fellowship Location: New York
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions for United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship:
- The host organization provides a monthly stipend to the fellows.
- The costs of local transportation or mobility are covered.
- The stipend rates vary for each country and are determined by the United Nations.
- The host organization provides a return economy air ticket.
- Medical insurance is included and covered by the host organization.
- A book allowance of $100 per month is provided to the fellows.
- To be eligible for application, individuals must fall within the age range of 25 to 40. The following individuals are eligible to apply:
- Those who have successfully obtained their first university degree.
- Government officials.
- Mid-level professionals working in government or non-government agencies. Applicants from developing states exclusively are eligible for consideration. Furthermore, the applicant should be directly involved in ocean affairs.
How to Apply for United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship?
To apply for the fellowship, you need to complete an online application form. Make sure to type or use a word processor for your application. Answer all the questions fully and clearly. Provide accurate personal history information. Include a proposed plan for your research and study program. Have the application form signed or attested by the nominating authority or officer in charge. Finally, submit the signed form directly to firstname.lastname@example.org via email.
The application deadline for the fellowship is 8 September 2023.