The Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship is a prestigious fellowship program that provides funding for researchers from around the world to conduct research in Japan. Following the MIF program was established in 1980 by Dr. Shigeyoshi Matsumae, a Japanese physician and scientist who believed in the importance of international collaboration in scientific research.
Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship
The fellowship is also awarded annually to researchers in the fields of natural sciences, engineering, and medicine. Hence, the fully-funded program provides a stipend to cover living expenses, research costs, and travel expenses to and from Japan. Fellows are also given access to research facilities at universities and research institutions throughout Japan.
Over the years, the Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship has supported hundreds of researchers from around the world. Fellows have also conducted research in a wide range of fields, including materials science, environmental science, biotechnology, and neuroscience. Accordingly, many have gone on to make significant contributions to their fields and to establish lasting collaborations with Japanese researchers.
Did you check these:
Host Country: Japan
Host Institute: Best Institute
Funded By: Matsumae International Foundation
Duration of MIF Research Fellowship:
From April 2024 to March 2025
Fellowship Awarded: 10 Fellowships
- Natural science
Benefits of Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship 2024:
- Provides a Monthly allowance of JPY 220,000.
- Arrival fund of JPY 120,000.
- Round-trip airfare.
- Travel insurance including medical benefits.
- Study tour.
Eligibility Criteria for Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship:
- The Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship is highly competitive, with only a small number of fellows selected each year.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree or equivalent research experience and be under the age of 49 at the time of application.
- The fellowship is open to researchers from all countries, with the exception of Japan.
- One of the unique aspects of the fellowship is the emphasis on cultural exchange and collaboration.
- Fellows are encouraged to engage with their Japanese colleagues and to participate in cultural activities in order to deepen their understanding of Japanese culture and society.
- The foundation believes that such interactions can help to foster long-term international collaborations and contribute to the advancement of science and technology.
How to Apply for Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship?
- Students have to download the application form from the official website given below.
- Submit the application form via email (mif-japan.org)
- Include all supporting documents.
- Complete MIF application form carefully and submit it.
April 1, 2023, to June 30, 2023
The fellowship program is just one of the many ways that Japan has sought to promote international collaboration in scientific research. The country has a long tradition of scientific excellence and has made major contributions to many fields, including electronics, robotics, and materials science. Through programs like the Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship, Japan is helping to build bridges between researchers from different countries and to promote the advancement of science and technology on a global scale.
In conclusion, the MIF Fellowship is a valuable opportunity for researchers from around the world to conduct research in Japan and to engage in cultural exchange with their Japanese colleagues. The program provides funding and support for researchers in a wide range of fields and emphasizes the importance of international collaboration in scientific research. Through programs like this, Japan is helping to foster long-term collaborations and to promote the advancement of science and technology on a global scale.