Application to Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is now open in Canada for the academic year 2024. Students with excellent academic backgrounds and the best minds are invited to apply for Banting Fellowship Program. All national and international students can participate in Banting Fellowship. With this fellowship program, students can develop leadership qualities and become future leaders.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships:
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is offered by three Canadian Institutes are Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC). Almost every year 70 fellowships are offered to international students and fellowship selection is totally done by the above-mentioned institutes.
The Banting Fellowship Program is offered for 2 years and the scholarship amount is $70,000 per year. Some specific fields of study are offered in Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program because of their importance in the collaboration and synchronization between the postdoc scholars and the host institutions.
In this article, we have explained all the details regarding Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships. All national and international students are applicable to apply for this amazing opportunity to study in Canada. Students should not miss this chance and avail this opportunity as soon as possible.
Host Country: Canada
Organized by: Government of Canada
Fellowship Duration: 2 years
No. of Fellowships awarded: 70
Field of Research:
- Social sciences and/or humanities
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions:
- The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is offered for 2 years.
- The fellowship value is $70,000 per year.
- Students will get to learn and do research with the best professional Canadian supervisors.
- The scholarship will be awarded to students on an equitable basis.
Did you check:
- For admission to Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, students need to have completed the Ph.D. degree program.
- Student must have completed Ph.D. in health professional degree and must have completed it between September 15, 2019, and September 30, 2023.
- All national and international students can apply for Banting Fellowship Program.
- Students can only achieve this award once in a lifetime.
- Only scholars who are nominated by Canadian Host Institutes are eligible for Banting Fellowship.
- Students first need to contact the desired supervisor and must check the eligibility criteria with the host Canadian Institute.
How to Apply:
- Students need to apply online for a ResearchNet account.
- Scholars should also create a Vanier Banting Canadian Common CV (CCV).
- Then upload the CV on the ResearchNet application.
- For Banting Fellowship Program, students should apply with the host institute.
- Student must submit their Fellowship Application either in English or in French language.
- Student must have prepared these documents:
- Identification of research area.
- Identification of referees and participants.
- Information on the research proposal and all the supporting documents.
- Students must complete all the required fields and upload all the documents.
The application deadline to apply for Banting Fellowship Program is 20 September 2023 (20:00 EDT).