The Axel Adler Scholarship is the primary scholarship program at The University of Gothenburg Axel Adler Scholarship is designed for students who pay tuition fees and are enrolled in eligible Master’s programs at the University.
In simple terms, the Axel Adler Scholarship is the main financial aid program for students who have to pay for their studies and are pursuing certain Master’s programs at the University of Gothenburg.
Axel Adler Scholarships
The Axel Adler Scholarship 2024 provides a waiver for tuition fees and is granted to international students enrolled in international Master’s or Bachelor’s Programs at the University of Gothenburg. The selection of recipients is primarily determined by the applicant’s qualifications related to the chosen study program. The funding for the Axel Adler Scholarship comes from the Adlerbertska Scholarship Foundation, the Adlerbertska Grant Foundation, and the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR).
Did you check:
Host Country: Sweden
Host University: University of Gothenburg
Degree: Any full-time Master’s programs offered at the University, including the Bachelor’s program with a focus on Software Engineering, International Relations, and Business and Economics.
Financial Assistance: Funded
Number of Awards: One scholarship is granted for each program, and four scholarships are awarded for Master’s programs in the Fine, Applied, and Performing Arts, as well as programs in Music and Performance.
Programs offered by The University of Gothenburg Axel Adler Scholarships:
Atmosphere, Climate, and Ecosystems, Master’s Programme
- Ecotoxicology, Master’s Programme
- Environmental Sciences, Master’s Programme
- Geography, Master’s Programme
- Global Health, Master’s Programme
- Nordic Master’s program in Sustainable Production and Utilization of Marine Bioresources
- Public Health Science; Health Equality, Master’s Programme
- Sea and Society, Master’s Programme
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions for The University of Gothenburg Axel Adler Scholarships:
- Cover the tuition fee.
- It is a tuition fee waiver only; no extra financial support for living expenses or travel grants is included.
- Only students enrolled in sustainability-focused programs are eligible for the Axel Adler Scholarship for Sustainability.
- Students in sustainability-related programs are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The Axel Adler Scholarship for Sustainability does not apply to the Education for Sustainable Development Programme as it is not a campus-based program.
Eligibility Criteria for Axel Adler Scholarships:
To qualify for the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are obligated to pay tuition fees in Sweden.
- Your first priority should be applying for an international campus-based program at the University of Gothenburg.
- You must have applied and been accepted into a full-time Master’s program or a Bachelor’s program (limited to Software Engineering, International Relations, and Business and Economics for Bachelor’s).
- The scholarship eligibility applies only to the program that is your first priority at the University of Gothenburg on January 15, 2024, during the international admission round at www.universityadmission.se.
- You must have submitted your application for studies by January 15, 2024, and paid the application fee. Additionally, you need to document your eligibility for studies by February 1, 2024, through universityadmissions.se.
How to Apply?
Students who have prioritized a program at the University of Gothenburg as their first choice through universityadmissions.se and meet the requirements will receive an email with application instructions around February 8, 2024. The invitation to apply for the Axel Adler Scholarship will be sent to the email address registered at universityadmissions.se.
If you are eligible and haven’t received an email by this date (after checking your Spam folder), please inform us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CV and Letter of Motivation When applying for the Axel Adler Scholarship, you are required to submit a CV and a Letter of Motivation in written form. These documents are used in the selection process. In the motivational letter, you have the opportunity to highlight achievements from your CV. Please note that attaching any other forms of documentation to your scholarship application is not possible.
15 January 2024.