This year biggest scholarship program for international students is announced by the Government of South Korea. South Korea is offering International students from around the world with Global Korea Scholarship. GKS is a fully funded scholarship program offered in top-ranked universities of South Korea.
More than 1000 scholarships are offered to International students. The Global Korea Scholarship offers fully funded scholarship to undergraduate and graduate degree students. Almost all academic fields of study are offered to world wide students. Graduate degree scholarships deadlines varies from March to April and undergraduate degree scholarship deadlines varies from October to November.
Global Korea Scholarship:
Global Korea scholarship is currently open for Graduate degree programs. Students get to study in top-class and most prestigious universities of South Korea. All the degree programs offered by universities are in English Language, so student do not need to worry about their proficiency in Korean Language. Many universities are participating in Global Korea Scholarship 2022.
GKS gives 220 scholarships to undergraduate students and 1080 fully funded scholarships to Masters and PHD Degree students. Student not only get to study in world ranked universities of South Korea but also get to study with students from different societies, learning from best professional teachers, mentors and also experience the culture of Korea.
Global Korea Scholarship Program is open for International students from all over the world offering graduate degree programs in February 2022. Every student dream is to study in South Korea, with this largest scholarship program students can fulfil their dream of studying abroad and have a life changing experience. As with this scholarship, opportunity doors will be open for international students.
GKS 2022 is offered in two terms. One term is through embassy track and other one is university track. Now the question arises how student can apply through these two tracks? Students can apply through either embassy track or university track and student can also apply through both tracks. All the applying procedure to university and Embassy is explained below in detail. Students who get selected from university and embassy track will be given a fully funded scholarship for their study program.
Have you applied for these scholarships:
Host Country: South Korea
Host University: Best universities of South Korea
Financial Assistance: Fully Funded
Degree Level: Undergraduate | Masters | PHD
Duration of Scholarship:
Undergraduate: For undergraduate degree programs, the scholarship is offered for 5 years. 4 years for undergraduate study and 1 year for Korean Language study
Masters: For Master Degree program, scholarship will be provided for 3 years.
PHD: For PHD Degree Program, scholarship will be provided for 3-4 years which include Korean language studies.
Academic Field of Study:
Students can pursue their educational career in Bachelor/ undergraduate, Masters and PHD Degree Programs. All kind of academic fields of study are offered at different top ranked universities of South Korea. As different universities offers different field of study and degree programs, so students can check the University List Here. Check the 2022 Global Korea Scholarship guidelines for undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions:
As GKS is a fully funded scholarship program, following are the benefits offered to international students for academic year 2022:
- GKS covers full tuition fee.
- Provides with airfare ticket.
- Provides with Resettlement Allowance of KRW 200,000.
- Covers Monthly allowance of 900,000 KRW ~ 1,000,000 KRW.
- Covers Language Course Allowance also.
- Medical Health insurance of KRW 20,000 per month.
- Every semester Research Support is also provided – KRW 210,000 – 240,000.
- KRW 800,000 per quarter Award will be provided for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency.
- Provides with Costs of printing of Dissertation – KRW 500,000 – 800,000.
- Degree Completion Grant – KRW 100,000.
Prior to applying student should check and meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Student must belong from GKS Partner countries and student must not be a citizen of South Korea.
- Students belonging to Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders are not eligible to apply for Global Korea Scholarship Program.
- For Undergraduate Degree Program, student age must be under 25 years.
- For Graduate Degree Program, student age must be under 40 years.
- Student must be in good health status (physically and mentally both fit).
- For Undergraduate degree program, student must have completed High School/Secondary School Education or Equivalent.
- For Master degree program, student must have completed undergraduate/ bachelor degree program.
- For PHD degree program, student must have completed Master studies.
Documents Required for GKS:
List of all the required documents is given below:
- Firstly, complete the online application form for GKS.
- Undergraduate/ Master’s Degree
- Undergraduate/ Master’s Transcript/Mark sheet
- Recommendation Letters
- Personal Statements
- Letter of consent
- Scanned Passport
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- GKS Applicants Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Other reference documents (if applicable)
How to Apply for GKS:
The GKS Scholarship Program is offered to Masters and PHD students, students can apply through either embassy or through university track.
- Student need to apply directly to Korean embassies in their home countries.
- Student need to submit all the required documents with one original set of documents and 3 photocopies of documents.
- Student can apply and select all kind of academic field of study except Medicine, Dentistry, Architecture, Pharmacy.
- Students should check with their home country embassies about guidelines, apply procedures and deadline of GKS Program 2022.
- Student need to apply directly to South Korean Universities.
- Students can only apply in Engineering and Natural Sciences Majors through university track.
- Students can select desired universities from Korean Global Scholarship Program University list.
- University nominates students and send their names to NEID.
Deadline to Apply for GKS 2022:
Application deadline for Global Korean Scholarship Program varies from university to university and embassy to embassy. So student should check with their home country embassies and Korean Universities and apply before the deadline.