George Foster Research Award is open for International students. This year outstanding international students will get a chance to visit Germany and live their dream. The research award was named for renowned German ethnologist Georg Forster (1754–1794) and was funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
George Foster Research Award:
George Foster Research provides international students with the facility of doing the best research in the best institutes for 12 months in Germany. Researchers from developing and transition countries are applicable for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and they can study in Germany.
The award is meant to promote excellent scientific multipliers in transition and developing nations whose research will help to improve living circumstances in their home countries.
Host Country: Germany
Financial Assistance: Fully Funded
Did you check these opportunities:
Benefits of George Forster Research Award:
- The award money is €60,000.
- Recipients of the award are also invited to engage in a collaborative research endeavor of their preference at a research institution in Germany, alongside fellow professionals in the field.
- The award allows for a stay of six months to a year, which can be divided into multiple periods.
- If necessary, we will grant up to €25,000 in additional funds to support academic collaboration.
- It will pay for travel to academic conferences, material resources such as specialist literature or scientific equipment at the home institution, or younger researchers.
- Make every effort to provide individualized support and funding to visiting researchers. Invitations to various events and the ability to attend language classes are among the privileges available to award winners.
Researchers who have made fundamental discoveries, new theories, or findings that have had a long-term impact on their discipline outside of their immediate research area are eligible for nomination, as are those who will continue to contribute to developing research-based approaches to the specific challenges that developing and emerging countries face.
The candidate nominated must additionally meet the following criteria:
- Their accomplishments in academics should be well-known globally and supported by successful research outcomes.
- They should not have received any award from the Humboldt Foundation before for their academic achievements.
- They should be a citizen of a developing or transitioning country
- At the time of being nominated, they should have lived and worked in one of these countries for a minimum of five years.
Each year’s nomination season normally concludes on October 31st. The award winner is usually chosen by an independent Selection Committee made up of researchers from several disciplines in the summer of the following year.
How to Apply for George Forster Research Award:
Applicants must apply online through the official website of GFRA.
The deadline to Apply for the George Forster Research award is 31 October 2023.