The Community Solutions Program USA 2024 offers passionate professionals a chance to enhance their leadership skills through active participation in this comprehensive leadership development initiative. This highly competitive year-long program empowers its participants to actively contribute to the advancement and the brighter future of their communities. Additionally, this leadership and exchange program in the USA creates a dynamic platform where individuals from virtually every part of the world can engage in interactive sessions and mutually enrich their learning experiences.
The IREX Community Solutions Program for 2024 offers a transformative four-month fellowship opportunity in the United States. Over this period, fellows become closely integrated into organizations across the country, gaining a deep understanding of their chosen field. This fully-funded exchange program not only provides invaluable professional experience but also shapes participants into influential leaders of tomorrow. CSP fellows have made significant contributions in various areas such as promoting gender equality, advocacy, environmental conservation, peace-building, and numerous other positive initiatives within their communities.
The IREX International Fellowship Program is an initiative supported by the U.S. This fully-funded fellowship program in the USA immerses participants in the Community Leadership Institute, a hub that selects the most promising individuals and offers them a tailored curriculum along with personalized coaching. Within the Community Solutions Program (CSP), fellows enhance their management and leadership skills through a combination of face-to-face and virtual training, professional mentorship, and access to a vast alumni network. This is an amazing opportunity for students to study abroad.
The U.S. Community Solutions Program is grounded in initiatives aimed at empowering communities to uplift themselves. CSP fellowships ensure that participants return to their home countries equipped to spearhead impactful community action programs. This year, the Community Solutions Program proudly celebrates a decade of global influence, a milestone made possible by the contributions of effective and dynamic leaders who have emerged from CSP. Since the inception of this prestigious fully-funded fellowship, CSP has welcomed 748 fellows from 83 countries, collectively impacting over 600,000 individuals through their community development initiatives. With partner organizations spanning 129 cities across the United States, the IREX leadership program offers international CSP fellows a diverse array of challenging and enriching experiences.
Did you check: 10 Top Mexico Scholarships 2023-2024 | Study In Mexico
Host Country: USA
Host Organization: IREX
Duration: 1 Year
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions Community Solutions Program USA:
Participants will receive J-1 visa assistance as part of the program. The fellowship includes coverage for participants’ round-trip travel expenses from their home city to the U.S. Participants will receive a monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses. Accident and sickness insurance for participants will be provided.
Eligible Countries for Community Solutions Program USA:
- Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and West Bank/Palestinian Territories
- South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
- East Asia and the Pacific: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vanuatu, and Vietnam
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine
- Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, and Venezuela
Eligibility Criteria for Community Solutions Program USA:
Here are the eligibility criteria:
- The applicant’s age should fall within the range of 25 to 39 years as of January 1, 2024.
- The applicant must hold citizenship in one of the specified countries.
- Applicants must be currently residing and working in their respective home countries.
- Preference will be given to applicants with refugee status who are actively engaged in work benefiting their home communities.
- Applicants should possess a minimum of two years of experience in community development, whether as full-time employees or part-time volunteers.
- Applicants must not be currently enrolled as students or involved in any ongoing research projects in the United States.
- Proficiency in English is required. If selected as a semifinalist, applicants will be asked to provide IELTS or TOEFL scores.
- Applicants must be available for a four-month stay in the U.S. from August to December 2023.
- Applicants must not hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency status, nor have applied for U.S. citizenship.
- Current employment at IREX or having an immediate family member working at IREX disqualifies applicants.
- Applicants must commit to returning to their home countries for a minimum of two years following the completion of the program.
How to Apply?
- Candidates must complete their applications through the IREX online application system.
- Ensure that all questions are addressed, particularly those marked with a red indicator.
- If you do not have a relevant answer, please write “N/A.”
- Do not leave any fields blank. Provide your responses in English, with the exception of names and places (names and places do not need to be translated into English; write them in the English alphabet).
- If an individual submits multiple applications from different email accounts, they will be disqualified.
November 1, 2023.