Embark on your educational journey in Spain! Exciting news awaits you: Applications are now being accepted for scholarships at the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics. In this article, we’ll delve into the specifics of this scholarship program, and its advantages, and provide a step-by-step guide to the application process.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarship for the 2024-2025 academic year offers full financial support for master’s students from around the world. This prestigious scholarship encompasses waivers that can cover up to 100% of tuition fees, and there are also a limited number of fully funded scholarships available.
Did you check – Best Masters Scholarships for international students
Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships
Candidates who are granted admission to the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics (Barcelona GSE) have demonstrated their potential to excel in our demanding and intensive Master’s programs. Among these exceptional individuals, the most talented students also receive financial assistance, which can cover all or a portion of their tuition fees.
This merit-based funding is made possible through the generous support of both public and private sponsors, as well as resources provided by the Barcelona GSE itself. Our financial aid is primarily awarded based on academic merit and includes waivers ranging from 100% to 25% of tuition fees, along with a limited number of fully funded scholarships. It’s important to note that this assistance is exclusively granted to international students with outstanding academic achievements.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, often referred to as Barcelona GSE is an autonomous institution dedicated to research and graduate education. We offer a diverse range of master’s programs in Economics, Finance, and Data Science, consistently earning recognition as one of the top Economics Departments in the world by RePEc rankings.
Each year, the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics allocates an average of 800,000€ in merit-based funding to support their Master’s students. As a result, approximately 36% of enrolled students receive either full or partial financial assistance to help fund their studies.
Host Country: Spain
Host University: Barcelona School of Economics
Financial Assistance: Fully Funded
Degree Level: Masters
Academic Field of Study:
- Master’s Degree in Economics and Finance
- Economics Program
- Finance Program
- Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis
- Competition and Market Regulation Program
- Economics of Public Policy Program
- International Trade, Finance, and Development Program
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program
- Master’s Degree in Data Science
- Data Science Program
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions for Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships:
Recipients of Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships enjoy the following advantages:
- Tuition fee waivers ranging from 100%, 75%, 50%, and 25%
- Opportunities for Teaching Assistantships
- Access to a restricted number of fully-funded scholarships
Eligibility Criteria for Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships:
To be eligible for the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships, candidates need to meet the following set of prerequisites:
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Citizenship in a developing country as an international student.
- Possession of an undergraduate/bachelor/grado/laurea degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution (for Bologna degrees, a minimum of 180 ECTS credits is mandatory).
- Ideally, candidates should hold a University Diploma in fields such as Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business Administration.
- A high level of competence in the English language, demonstrated by a TOEFL score of 90 or higher or an IELTS Academic Test score of 6.5 or better.
While not obligatory, the following elements are highly recommended:
- Completion of the GRE General Test.
Please bear in mind that meeting these application requirements does not guarantee admission. Candidates will also undergo evaluation based on the following admission criteria:
- Exceptional academic performance.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Supportive reference letters.
How to Apply?
Kindly adhere to the following application guidelines when applying for this scholarship:
(1) Assemble your application materials:
- Undergraduate transcripts: If you don’t yet possess an official transcript at the time of application, you may upload an unofficial copy. However, please note that all accepted students must submit official transcripts before course registration in September, prior to the commencement of the academic year.
- Undergraduate diploma: If you’re applying before completing your undergraduate program, you must upload a signed letter affirming your commitment to graduate before commencing your master’s program at the Barcelona GSE.
- Copy of your passport
- Curriculum vitae (limited to 2 pages)
- Statement of purpose (maximum 700 words)
- Proof of English language proficiency: Unless you are a native English speaker or have completed your undergraduate degree at an English-speaking university, you are required to provide TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge scores or certificates. If you don’t yet possess one of these language certificates, we recommend waiting to apply until you can fulfill this requirement with the necessary documents.
- Optional but highly recommended: GRE General Test scores: We encourage all applicants to submit GRE General Test scores, as they often play a crucial role in admission decisions. A strong GRE score can be particularly beneficial for candidates with a bachelor’s degree in social sciences or other fields lacking a strong quantitative component. In previous years, GRE scores have assisted in identifying candidates with exceptional potential but limited prior exposure to rigorous mathematical training. Therefore, we strongly advise candidates to include GRE scores. (Barcelona GSE institution code for GRE General Test: 2531).
- Two reference letters covering areas such as:
- Intellectual aptitude
- Research capabilities/experience
- Motivation to tackle challenges
- Ability to collaborate in teams
- Adaptability to new environments
(2) Fill out the online application form: There is a single online application form for all programs. When creating your application, you can specify up to three program preferences in order of priority.
(3) Please note that you may submit only one application, featuring up to three program choices, per academic year.
(4) An application fee of 60€ is applicable (non-refundable). Multiple payment options, including major credit cards and bank transfers, are available.
(5) Expect to receive your admission decision and any financial aid offers within 4-6 weeks, provided there are still available seats in your chosen program.
January 15, 2024 / July 09, 2024