Applications to Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are now open for academic year 2022-2023. This scholarship program is funded by UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), to give a chance to highly motivated and talented students around the whole world.
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship:
With Commonwealth split-site scholarship program, students can pursue their education in PhD degree programs. This scholarship is organized to support students from low and middle income countries. This is a fully funded scholarship program offered by FCDO. Students can study in UK, and fulfil their dream by studying in top ranked universities of UK with highly qualified professionals.
The purpose of Commonwealth split-site scholarship program is to promote education and sustainable development along with contribution to research in UK. Student can study PhD degree programs in almost all kind of academic fields offered in most prestigious universities of UK.
Students can pursue their research career in science and technology, strengthening global peace, security and governance, strengthening the health system and capacity, strengthening reliance and response to crises and access, inclusion, and opportunity. This is a fully funded scholarship program, so student do not need to worry about any cost of their study while they complete their doctoral studies.
In this article, we have explained in detail all the information about Commonwealth Split-site PhD scholarship program.
Did you Check these scholarships recently announced:
Host Country: UK
Host University: Best Universities of UK
Financial Assistance: Fully Funded
Degree Level: PhD
Commonwealth Split Site scholarship program offers these six theme which are following:
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Science and technology for development
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions:
As Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship Program is a fully funded scholarship program. Following are the benefits offered to international students:
- Covers tuition fee.
- Airfare ticket (From home country to UK and after completing studies also provide airfare ticket to return from UK to your home country).
- Monthly Stipend of £1,133 per month, or £1,390.
- Also provide with allowance for warm clothing.
- Provides with study travel grants.
- If student is widowed, divorced, or a single parent, and your children are with you on UK than child allowance will be provided of £485 per month for the first child, and £120 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16.
Eligible Country List:
- Papua New Guinea
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Student must be from above mentioned country list.
- Student can be a British-protected person.
- Students with refugee status belonging to eligible country list are also applicable to apply for CSC.
- Students who are permanent citizen of commonwealth country are eligible to apply.
- Student must be enrolled for PhD studies any any Commonwealth offering Universities of UK by the time of September 2022.
- Student must be from low or middle income country who can not support their studies.
- Student must be available to start their studies in UK.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship:
- Student need to firstly apply to a university that is offering CSC (Check: UK universities with part funding agreements). Student can submit their CSC Application through the CSC Link given below.
- Student must first complete all the required documents that will be needed to upload on CSC Application: Transcripts, degree, Support statement from UK University Supervisor in which you are applying, Supporting Statement from your home country supervisor, passport, reference letter and other documents.
Deadline to Apply for Split-site scholarship:
The Application deadline of Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship Program is 17 February, 2022. The deadline to submit required documents is 8 March at 18:00 (GMT).