The American Association for Cancer Research is providing medical professionals who are interested in applying for the AACR Research Fellowships in the USA. This program offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to gain practical experience in the field. The fully funded scholarships AACR Research Fellowships in USA are offered through two main categories: the AACR-AstraZeneca Clinical Hematology or Oncology Research Training Fellowships and the AACR-Johnson & Johnson Clinical Oncology Research Training Fellowships, both designed to promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
AACR Research Fellowships in USA
The USA fellowship aims to support early-career clinical scientists who hold a medical degree (MD, DO, or MD/PhD). Medical students who are keen on enhancing their knowledge and skills, particularly in relation to drug development within the pharmaceutical industry, are strongly encouraged to submit their applications. This initiative seeks to foster the growth of aspiring clinical researchers and contribute to advancements in the field of cancer research.
In the USA, American fellows can gain hands-on job experience for free. They’ll learn about things like making new medicines, looking at data, studying patients, and planning medical tests. During one year, they’ll do clinical tasks and projects, and when they finish, they can show their work to others. This program is helped by AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson, big companies that do medical things. AstraZeneca’s work will be in Maryland, and they want people who know about blood diseases or cancer. Johnson & Johnson’s program is in Boston or Philadelphia and wants people who want to help with lung cancer in its early stages. They’ll give you time to work too. People who want to join can apply, and a group that knows about medical stuff will look at the applications every few months.
Host Country: The USA.
Host Organization: American Association for Cancer Research
- Johnson & Johnson.
Program Level: Graduate | Doctoral Level.
Program Tenure: The period of the AACR Clinical Oncology Research (CORE) Training Fellowships is one year.
Scholarship Value/ Inclusion for AACR Research Fellowships in USA:
- The amount of the scholarship is $100,000.
- Learning about advanced medical methods in the USA.
- Getting to know complex medical tools.
- Becoming really knowledgeable about medicine.
Eligibility Criteria for AACR Research Fellowships in USA:
- Have a medical degree in a related field.
- Applicants pursuing a doctoral degree currently are not eligible.
- Enrolled in an accredited oncology or hematology fellowship program within a US medical, research, or academic institution.
- No citizenship requirement.
- Non-U.S. citizens need a visa that covers the fellowship duration.
- Must be a member of AACR (American Association for Cancer Research).
- If not an AACR member, apply for membership before the application deadline.
- Not eligible if you are:
- An employee or subcontractor of a U.S. entity.
- Employed by a for-profit private sector.
- A clinical fellow applying from a US government laboratory.
Johnson & Johnson Grant Specifics:
- For this grant, applicants must:
- Belong to racial or ethnic groups underrepresented in health sciences according to the National Science Foundation.
- Have a disability or physical impairment that restricts daily activities.
- Come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
How to Apply?
- Send applications and attachments to email@example.com.
- Use the subject line: “Applicant name-AACR CORE Training Fellowship Application Submission.”
- Carefully fill in all required fields on the application form.
- Include all necessary supporting documents.
Required Documents for AACR Fellowships in USA 2024:
- Applicant’s CV.
- Completed application form.
- Biographical sketch of an academic mentor.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Letter of Reference from Academic Mentor.
- Letter of Reference from Endorser.
- Applicant checklist.
- Copy of Visa.
- Copy of Passport.
- The application deadline for AACR Fellowships in the USA 2024 is August 31, 2023.