The government of Korea has announced this year’s most extensive Global Korea Scholarship program for undergraduate students to study in Korea. As Korea’s educational system is one of the best and it has many top-ranked universities which are providing International students with scholarships.
All International students with excellent academic records are eligible to apply for the GKS-U Scholarship Program. Many Nobel and high-ranked institutes in Korea are offering GKS-U scholarships. The government of Korea is offering International students to study in bachelors and Associate Degree Programs in almost all kinds of academic fields.
Students from more than 150 countries are eligible to apply for this incredible opportunity. This year GKS-U Scholarship program is offering 200 scholarships to International students.
For GKS-U Scholarship Program, students can apply through the following two methods indicated by the Government of Korea: Embassy and University Track. For applying students can choose any method and apply accordingly.
Host Country: Korea
Host University: Different Institutes
Financial Benefit: Fully Funded
Degree Level: Bachelor, Associate Degree
Scholarship Value/ Inclusion for Global Korea Scholarship:
The following are the benefits covered by GKS-U:
- Covers the full tuition fee
- Monthly allowance
- A monthly allowance of 900,000 KRW
- Settlement allowance is also provided
- Include return airfare ticket
- Korean language course for 1 year will be provided free of cost
- Admission fee wavier
- Covers Medical Health insurance
- Covers Korean Proficiency Grants of 100,000 KRW/month
- Covers Degree Completion Grants of 100,000 KRW
The following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled when applying for the GKS Undergraduate Scholarship program:
- Must be from eligible countries
- The candidate should not be a Korean citizen
- For Bachelor’s Degree, the Candidate must have completed high school with good marks
- The candidate must not be older than 25 years of age
- Candidate must have good academic results
How to Apply for the GKS-U Scholarship Program:
To apply for the GKS-U Scholarship program there are two methods.
- Embassy Track
- University Track
If a candidate is applying through the Embassy track, the student must apply through Korean Embassy in their home country and wait for embassy selection. If the embassy selects the student, the candidate will apply to some universities pre-defined by the Korean Embassy in the home country and the candidate’s application will be sent for GKS-U.
If a candidate is applying for the GKS-U Scholarship application through the university track, the candidate needs to apply to their desired academic field at the university. Candidates can check the universities list from the link given below. The university will consider your application for GKS-U.
For GKS-U Scholarship application different embassies and Different Universities have different deadlines.