The Falak Sufi Scholarships program was created to honor the memory of Falak Sufi an intelligent personality who belonged to Pakistan, The main aim of Falak Sufi Scholarship is to provide support to deserving students who want to study in the USA.
Falak Sufi aid has established a number of scholarships for Muslim students in the United States. These awards are given to individuals who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and leadership potential.
In 1983, Falak Sufi was born in Pakistan. She had a kind heart, a strong desire to get involved in the world and make a difference, and a creative, vivacious mind. She earned a first-class awards degree in political science from the National University of Singapore. She started publishing her early works, which demonstrated her tremendous talent and gifts.
She was particularly interested in South Asian women and gender, South Asian history, and the power of the humanities. However, no list could really cover the breadth of topics she considered, discussed, and wrote about. When she, unfortunately, passed away in New York City in 2008, she was a dearly liked and cherished graduate student in Near Eastern Studies at the Kevorkian Center of New York University. To honor the memory of a Falak Sufi scholarship was established for deserving students.
Falak Sufi Scholarship Program in New York is offered to international students from countries with a majority Islamic population in South Asia. Students can study for a years Master’s Degree Program at NYU.
Did you check these scholarships:
Host Country: USA
Host University: New York University
Financial Assistance: Fully Funded
Degree Level: Master’s Degree
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions:
- The Falak Sufi Scholarship program covers tuition fees.
- Provides a yearly stipend of $32,000.
- Covers health insurance.
- Registration and services fees for up to two years.
- All these benefits will be rewarded as long as students fulfill the standards of Graduate School.
- Students who are interested in this scholarship should personify the intellectual spirit and promise of Falak Sufi
- Must be motivated and abiding commitment to the role of women in education.
How to Apply:
Students interested in the Falak Sufi Scholarship Program are required to fill out the application form for Graduate studies at New York University. No need to fill separate application for the Falaka Sufi Scholarship. Students’ applications for Master’s Degrees will be considered for financial aid. The following are the documents required to fill out the application form:
- Program-Specific Requirements
- Academic Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Test Scores (if required)
- Applicant Statements
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- A non-refundable application fee.
The application deadline to apply for Falak Sufi scholarship program is January 16, 2024.