Are you a doctoral student who loves physics, engineering, or computing? Do you dream of working at the biggest research lab and being part of amazing experiments? You should check out the CERN Doctoral Student Program 2023 in Switzerland! It’s a fantastic opportunity for fully-funded doctoral students. This international program lets you show off your research skills and learn more about the scientific world. Working at CERN is like a dream come true, and they’re accepting applications from passionate doctoral students worldwide who want to advance their careers. The duration of the program is about 36 months. Students don’t have to worry this covers all your expenses.
CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is the most respected research center for particle physics. Working there is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to take part in groundbreaking experiments and discoveries that will shape the future of science. The program at CERN gives doctoral students hands-on experience in their field. If you have research experience, you can apply as a researcher and travel to Geneva to work at the world’s largest research center. This opportunity is open to doctoral students specializing in applied physics, engineering, and computing.
CERN Doctoral Student Program 2023
The CERN Doctoral Student Program offers many benefits to successful candidates. They cover all your travel expenses to Switzerland and provide a generous monthly allowance, medical insurance, and airfare. If selected, you’ll have an initial contract for 6 months, renewable for up to 36 months. As a doctoral student, you’ll have access to cutting-edge research facilities and equipment. You’ll work alongside respected researchers in your field and gain valuable insights into the scientific world. The CERN Doctoral program is fully funded and designed to help your professional development. The location of this program is in Geneva.
This scholarship provides excellent healthcare, education, and housing. Plus, working in Switzerland means breathtaking scenery, a great lifestyle, and a vibrant culture. It’s an international opportunity any aspiring researcher would be excited about. You can work on your thesis, immerse yourself in a unique environment, and collaborate with brilliant minds. The application process and required documents are briefly described below. Let’s get started without any delay!
CERN Doctoral Student Program 2023 in Switzerland:
Host Country: Switzerland
Host Organization: CERN
Benefits of the CERN Doctoral Student Program:
- You will work in exciting and diverse fields at the cutting edge of technology.
- You will get a monthly allowance of 3818 Swiss Francs.
- You will receive a travel allowance.
- You will have health insurance provided to you.
- You will have 2.5 days of paid leave each month.
- You will be given a contract for an initial period of 6 months, and it can be extended for up to 3 years.
- If needed, you can take up to 12 months of unpaid special leave.
- Depending on your situation, if you are married and have children, you may receive an extra supplement.
- You need to be a citizen of a country that is a member or associate member of CERN.
- It is important to have a good understanding of English or French to be eligible.
- You should be enrolled in a doctoral program at a university or about to start one.
- The work you do at CERN must be a part of or the entire required thesis work for your Ph.D., but your university is responsible for granting the degree.
The following are the documents required:
- You must have A copy of the passport
- You may have a CV/resume
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Experience letter (if applicable)
- You must have an English language certificate (if applicable)
- You must have Reference letters from a University Professor
- Reference letter from a previous internship
Note: All documents must be in English or French and PDF format.
How to Apply:
Following are the guidelines on how u can apply:
- Go to the official CERN website and go to the “Careers” section.
- Complete the online application form by providing your personal information, educational background, and other required details.
- Upload all the necessary documents, such as your CV, academic transcript, reference letter from a University Professor, and a reference letter from a previous internship (if applicable).
- Thoughtfully answer the essay-based questions, clearly expressing your motivation for applying to the program.
- Review your application and make sure all the information is correct.
- Submit your application before the deadline.