International Scholarships Program 2024 is open at National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), Taiwan. Each year International students from all over the world come to Taiwan and study in one of the best universities of Taiwan. This year NTHU invited international applications for admission to Bachelor and Graduate Studies(Masters and Ph.D.) programs in all academic fields.
All International students from all over the world are qualified to apply for admission at National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) under different scholarship programs, as an international students. This is a great opportunity for international students to avail and study in Taiwan.
Did you check – Ireland Government Scholarships Fully Funded – Study in Ireland
What are the benefits of International Scholarships 2024 at National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan?
National Tsing Hua University
NTHU International Student Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. degree students. Scholarships are available for pursuing Graduate Studies as mentioned below.
- Monthly stipend of NT$ 20,000 – 40,000 for Ph.D. students
- Monthly stipend of NT$ 5,000 /month for Master’s students
- Monthly stipend of NT$ 5,000/month for bachelor’s students
- Tuition Fee along with Credit is Waiver
Government Agencies Scholarships
#1 Taiwan Scholarship
The Taiwan Scholarship program is offered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Science and Technology, and the Ministry of Education. Taiwan scholarships are offered for bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. Degree Programs.
● Monthly stipend of NTD 20,000 per month for Doctoral students
● Monthly stipend of NTD 20,000 per month for Master’s students.
● Monthly stipend of NTD 15,000 per month for Bachelor students.
The student will also get NTD40,000 to pay the tuition fee.
#2 Taiwan International Graduate Program(TIGP) Scholarship
Taiwan International Graduate Program is offered to support students who want to pursue their Graduate Degree Programs in Taiwan.
- Students will get a monthly stipend of NTD34,000/ month
#3 Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund (ICDF) Scholarship
Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund is offered by the International Cooperation and Development Fund to support Master’s Degree students. Students can study Master’s Degree in
- an International Master Program in Information Systems and Applications (IMPISA Program-ICDF)
- International MBA in Technology Management (TaiwanICDF)
Following are the benefits offered by ICDF
● A monthly stipend of NTD 15,000 per month for Master’s students.
● Tuition fee waiver also provided.
#4 Elite Scholarship for University Lectures from South and South East Asia
This scholarship is offered by MOE. The elite scholarship is offered to university lecturers and professors who want to pursue their Master’s or Doctoral Degree programs. Students must belong to Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Bhutan.
- The scholarship includes an amount of NTD 300,000 per year.
#5 Elite Scholarship for University Lectures from Africa
This Elite Scholarship Program is specially organized for university lecturers and professors from Africa. The Elite Scholarship for University Lectures from Africa is offered to Masters and Doctoral Degree Students.
The scholarship amount is NTD 300,000 per year.
#1 Fulbright-NTHU Master Degree Program Scholarship
One of the famous scholarship programs is the Fulbright Scholarship program. The Fulbright Scholarship Program is offered to Master’s Degree students. Students must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree Program.
- Students get a monthly stipend of NT$25,000
- Students get a Settling-in and baggage Allowance of NT$36,000
- Covers tuition fees
- Provides Round-trip Air tickets
- Provides Health insurance
#2 ITRI Internship Program (Scholarship & Internship)
For ITRI, the student must be an international student. Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D. students can apply, and students get a stipend of NT$22,000 – NT$36,000 per month.
Check all the scholarship details here.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for applying to National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) Under Scholarships for International Students?
If you want to apply for the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) international scholarship program, please make sure that you meet all the eligibility criteria for admission under the scholarship award. There are multiple scholarship programs offered to international students by the nominating institution. Applicants that do not fulfill all the eligibility criteria for admission at National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), will not be accepted.
- An International student with foreign nationality, and citizenship of the Republic of China (R.O.C.), is eligible to apply.
- An international student holding a permanent residency in Hong Kong or Macao. He/She has no history of a household registration record in Taiwan, at the time of application. Besides this applicant who has resided in Hong Kong or Macao, or living in another foreign country continuously for no less than about 6 years, is also eligible for admission.
- An International student who is also a citizen of China, but he/she does not hold nor has had a household registration of Taiwan is eligible to apply for admission.
- Applicants with a bachelor’s/undergraduate degree are eligible to apply for the master’s degree programs and applicants with a master’s degree are eligible to apply for the Ph.D./doctoral programs.
How to apply for an International Scholarship and Admission at National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), Taiwan?
There is a step by step process to apply for admission and scholarship at National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) is given below:
- The first students need to open the International student application portal system of National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) to apply for admission and scholarship.
- Create Your Account: Students need to create their first Login ID (with any email account) and PIN (Like as a password) (Personal Identification Number) to set up an account. Once you created login details, you have an ID and a PIN. For the next step, please click “Send.”. After this, The system will automatically create an account for you. You cannot start your application process without first setting up your account. A valid email address is required to continue the process, as your email address will be the primary means of communication. If you do not have an email address, you need to create an email address, and then proceed further.
- Application Information: The admission application has six different sections, Applicant Information, Applicant Family Information, Your Complete Education Background, Referee Information from your educational background, Language Proficiency, and Other Information. When you fill in each section, please click Next to proceed further.
- Confirmation of Application: Once you have filled in all the required information successfully, the system will take you to a Confirmation Page. Please carefully review each and everything to ensure that all the information is correct and then click “Confirm”.
- Print Application: You need to print all the required forms from the online application system.
- Upload all the required documents: You must prepare all the documents before applying and upload all application requirements listed according to the checklist.
- Submit your application: After uploading all the required documents, you have to click “Submit” to complete the application.
- Track Your Application: After submitting your application, you can track your application status by using the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), Application Portal online system.
What Documents are required to apply for Admission and Scholarship at National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan?
- The online application form. The student must complete the online application form, through the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) Application Portal. There are the following documents are required to apply for admission.
- Educational Certificates – degree/diploma
- Applicants for Undergraduate/Bachelor programs must have a high school certificate.
- Applicants for Master’s degree programs must have undergraduate/bachelor’s degrees.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. Degree programs must complete their master degree’s diploma
- Educational Certificates – official transcript(s)
- Applicants for Undergraduate/Bachelor programs must have a high school transcript.
- Applicants for Master’s degree programs must have an undergraduate/bachelor’s transcript.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. Degree programs must complete their master’s degree transcript.
- SOP/Statement of Purpose
Please make sure to write a brief SOP with a minimum of one page and not more than 3 pages in the statement of purpose for your future education.
- Two recommendation letters
Students need to provide two recommenders to fill out the online application form about why they recommended you. Preferably, recommenders are professors or teachers who can evaluate your all academic qualifications and research potential. Once you complete the application form, the online application system will automatically send out the recommendation form to your recommenders. Please ensure you contact your recommenders to complete the form of your recommendation before the application deadline.
- Financial Support certificate
All international applicants are required to provide either a financial support letter or an official bank statement about TWD 120,000 or USD 4,000 or proof of any international scholarship that shows their financial support for study in Taiwan.
- Scan Passport
- Program-specific requirements
Please check the application instructions for program-specific requirements and submit them.
What is the Deadline for Scholarships for National Tsing Hua University (NTHU)?
The application deadline for submission varies as different scholarships are offered by National Tsing Hua University (NTHU). As per notice, students can apply online through. Please follow the links given below for application and official advertisements.