In October 2000, Gates Cambridge Scholarships Program was established by Bill and Melinda Gates, when their Foundation donated US$210 million to the University of Cambridge for International students to study in the UK.
Each year, the Gates Scholarship Program offers 80 full-fee scholarships to International students around the world to study in the United Kingdom and pursue a postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge in any discipline.
From 80 Scholarships, Two-third of the grants will be offered to Ph.D. students. At this time, more than 200 International Scholarship Holder students from 50 Countries are studying at the University of Cambridge.
Host Country: UK
Host University: Gates Cambridge University
Financial Assistance: Fully Funded
Degree Level: Master’s/PHD
Academic Field of study:
All kinds of Academic fields are offered at Cambridge University. Students can pursue a Ph.D., MSc, or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course in any academic field offered.
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions for Gates Cambridge Scholarships Program:
- A Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship program,
- The Gates Cambridge Scholarship includes comprehensive funding for studying at Cambridge University. This funding encompasses tuition fees, and a maintenance allowance (valued at £20,000 for a 12-month period based on the 2023-24 rate, adjusted proportionally for courses lasting less than 12 months). For those pursuing a PhD, the scholarship extends for a maximum of 4 years.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, travel expenses, visa fees, and much more.
- Gates Scholarship also provides other allowances.
Eligibility Criteria for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships Program:
In order to be eligible for the Gates Scholarship Program, students must meet the following criteria.
• International Students around the world can apply.
• Student must apply for Ph.D., MSc, or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate program.
How to Apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships Program:
- Applications to the Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme are open and students can apply.
- The student should submit online applications at the link given below.
- Students must first apply to Cambridge University for admission and complete the Gates Scholarship Program form in order to be considered for a scholarship.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 11 Oct/5 Dec 2023/Jan 2024.