The government of Brunei is offering International students with Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship Program for the academic year 2023. Also, students are offered diplomas, undergraduate/ bachelor, master’s, and Ph.D. degree programs. Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship program that covers all the expenses of students while they stay in Brunei.
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship 2023:
Evidently, every year Government of Brunei offers International students with fully funded scholarships. Further hundred of Scholarships are offered to worldwide students. Besides this is a fully funded scholarship program offered to students who want to study at Brunei Universities.
Almost all kinds of academic fields are offered to students to pursue different diplomas, undergraduate, master’s, and doctorate degree programs. Additionally, all international students are applicable for Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship. Also, there is no application fee to apply for this amazing opportunity. The student also does not need IELTS/TOEFL for the Brunei International Scholarship program.
Host Country: Brunei
- UBD – Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- UISSA – Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
- UTB – Universiti Teknologi Brunei
- PB – Politeknik Brunei
Financial Assistance: Fully Funded
Degree Level: Diploma, Undergraduate/ bachelor, Master’s, Ph.D.
Duration of scholarship:
- Diploma: 3 years
- Undergraduate/ Bachelor: 4 years
- Master’s: 12 months, 24 months
- Ph.D.: 36 months
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions:
If you want to study in Brunei under Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship, you don’t need to worry about any expenses because this scholarship is fully funded and covers all the expenses. No application fee is required. Following are the benefits offered to International students.
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship for Diploma/ Undergraduate/ Master Students:
- Covers tuition fees including examination, registration, and orientation fees.
- Round airfare ticket to/ from Brunei.
- Meal allowance will be provided at BND$150.
- Annual Book allowance of BND$600.
- Provides accommodation.
- Baggage allowance will be provided at the end of his/ her degree, at a maximum amount of:
- A country in the ASEAN region gets BND$ 250.
- The country outside the ASEAN region gets BND$500.
- Provides insurance.
- Monthly allowances of BND$500.
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship for Ph.D. Students (Currently Scholarship is offered only at Universiti Brunei Darussalam):
- Tuition Fee wavier
- Monthly allowance of BND$500 for 36 months.
- Accommodation on campus will be provided for 36 months.
- One round-trip airfare ticket will be provided to International students to their home country upon completion of their Ph.D. Degree Program.
- Field Research allowances:
- Arts and humanities: BND 1000.
- Science: BND 2000.
Also, Check out this amazing opportunity:
Academic Field of Study:
Following are the academic fields of study offered:
#1 Universiti Brunei Darussalam:
- Islamic Studies
- Arts and Social sciences
- Policy Studies
- Advanced Materials and Energy Studies
- Health Science
For more information related to academic fields offered at UBD, Download here.
#2 Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali:
- Shariah and Law
- Halal Science
- Arabic Language and Translation
- Development Management
- Islamic Economics
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Mazhab Shafi’i
For more information related to academic fields offered at UNISSA, Download here.
#3 Universiti Teknologi Brunei:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Food Science and Technology
For more information related to academic fields offered at UTB, Download here.
For more information related to academic fields offered at PB, Download here.
Did you Check:
The following eligibility criteria are required for Diploma, bachelor/Undergraduate degree, and master programs:
- For undergraduate and diploma degree programs, the applicant’s age must be 18-25.
- For postgraduate/master’s degree programs, the applicant’s age must not exceed 35 years.
- This award is not eligible to the applicants of Brunei Residents.
The following eligibility criteria should be met for Ph.D. degree programs:
- For a Ph.D. degree program, the applicant must have completed a master’s degree program.
- Must have a good publication record for the Ph.D. degree program.
- Research proposal of high quality and impactful.
- Fit to pursue studies in Brunei.
How to Apply for Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship:
- Must complete the application form.
- Applicants must also submit a security clearance statement from National Security Agency/ Police Station.
Another point to note: Students should apply for Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship separately and to University separately for their interested Degree program.
The application deadline to apply for Brunei Government Scholarship Program is 15 Feb 2023.