The UNESCO World Heritage Forum 2023, scheduled to be held in Saudi Arabia, is a 10-day fully funded event taking place in Riyadh and the Al-Ahsa Oasis. UNESCO Heritage Forum is open to international participants from September 3 to 12, 2023. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, along with the Heritage Committee and UNESCO, will host the Forum. There is no requirement for IELTS/TOEFL, and all expenses will be covered.
The forum revolves around the theme “Looking Ahead: The Next 50 Years of Safeguarding Natural and Cultural Heritage.” It warmly welcomes international participants from all corners of the globe. International applicants will have the opportunity to gain knowledge from esteemed experts in relevant fields. The UNESCO Forum is for those individuals who are eager to bring a change in their life and are enthusiastic, dynamic, and dedicated. Further details are provided below.
Check this – Hokkaido University Scholarships In Japan 2023-2024
The Forum provides an opportunity to recognize the accomplishments of the World Heritage Convention made in the last 50 years. The aim is to emphasize the vital role of young people in the heritage ecosystem and lay the groundwork for the upcoming generation of heritage professionals. Through capacity building, the Forum will unlock their potential and provide them with the necessary skills to shape a sustainable future for our cultural and natural heritage. As a culmination of the Forum, the participants’ outcomes will be presented as a Youth Declaration during the extended 45th session of the World Heritage Committee.
Did you check: HISA Youth Dialogue 2023 in Spain
Host Country: Saudi Arabia
Number of Participants: 30
Duration: 10 Days
Benefits of UNESCO World Heritage Forum:
- Travel assistance: Aid will be provided to help you with travel arrangements.
- Visa support: Assistance will be given in obtaining the necessary visa.
- Economy flight: You will be provided with economy-class airfare.
- Meals: Your meals will be taken care of during the forum.
- Accommodation: A suitable accommodation facility will be arranged for you.
- Exposure to heritage experts: Opportunity to interact with and learn from heritage experts.
- Forum trips: Different trips will be organized as part of the forum.
Who is eligible to apply for the UNESCO World Heritage Forum 2023?
Students, educators, and experts in heritage conservation from various regions are eligible to apply. Applicants in academic fields of study such as heritage, archaeology, architecture, conservation, cultural tourism, digital technology, environmental science, history, law, landscape architecture, museum studies, planning, public policy, restoration, sustainable development, or urban planning are encouraged to apply.
- All international students can apply.
- Applicants should fall within the age range of 23 to 32 years.
- Demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm as students.
- It is mandatory for applicants to be available for the entire duration of the forum.
- Proficiency in English language is required.
How to Apply?
To apply for the UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum, complete the online application form and the link to the application form is given below.
The last date to apply for the UNESCO World Heritage Young Forum 2023 is June 6th, 2023. Successful applicants will be notified via email.