The Government of Mexico, specifically the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE) in collaboration with the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID), invites international students to pursue their higher education in Mexico. Mexican Government Scholarship includes various academic levels undergraduate, master’s degree, doctorate, and postgraduate degree programs.
The Mexican Government Scholarship is open to over 180 countries as part of agreements and collaborations between different nations. More than 80 Mexican universities are offering this international scholarship, and they offer all kinds of academic programs that are officially recognized by the National Council of Science and Technology. This is a great chance to study in Mexico so avail this opportunity.
By providing Excellence Scholarships to international students, Mexico enhances its global presence and reaffirms its dedication to promoting cooperation efforts that foster the development of highly skilled individuals. International students, academics, and scientists, both women and men, in Mexico, play a significant role in establishing lasting connections and enriching the country’s foreign policy agenda through valuable collaborative actions.
Host Country: Mexico
Host University: Best universities
Financial Assistance: Fully Funded
Degree Level: Undergraduate, Master’s, Doctoral, and Postdoctoral
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions for Mexican Government Scholarship:
- For Undergraduate and Master’s scholarships, applicants receive a monthly stipend of $12,614.80 per month.
- For Doctoral and postdoctoral levels, the monthly stipend is $15,768.50.
- Starting from the seventh month of the scholarship, applicants will receive medical insurance.
- Also covers visa fees.
- Includes international flight ticket.
- If the recipient wishes to make any changes to the airline ticket purchased by AMEXCID after it has been issued, the recipient will be responsible for covering the associated costs.
To be eligible for Mexico Government scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students should be citizens of one of the eligible countries.
- Applicants must not be currently residing in Mexico.
- Applicants must hold the required degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) as specified by the program they are applying for.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record.
- The applicant’s academic and employment background should be related to the field of study they are applying for.
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted into a program offered by participating Mexican institutions.
- Signed declaration letter by the applicant.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Copy of a medical dated no more than 3 (three) months before the application submission.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Mexican government scholarship, applicants can use the online application portal called SIGCA. To gain access to the application portal, applicants need to create an account on the official website. It is important to note that the application registration must be completed in Spanish. Along with the application form, applicants must also submit all the necessary materials and documents through the portal.
The selection process for applicants is conducted without any discrimination based on factors such as ethnic origin, gender, age, disabilities, social status, health conditions, religion, opinions, sexual preferences, marital status, or any other situation that undermines human dignity or infringes upon people’s rights and freedoms. The selection is based on the following criteria:
- Submission of all the required documents as specified in the call for applications.
- The academic excellence of the applicant, considering their previous educational achievements and performance.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a scholarship from AMEXCID.
The application deadline to apply is July 21, 2023.