The UAE Standard Work Visa is a widely used and well-liked employment permit given to someone working in the UAE but is not a resident there. It lasts for two years and can be extended. If you work in the private or government sector, you can apply for this regular employment visa. Every year, numerous people from different countries come to the UAE for work.
For those who plan to stay in the UAE for a while, having a Residence Visa is a must. If you want to work, you also need a work permit. An employer willing to sponsor your employment visa and work permit is essential. The Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation (MOHRE) states that foreign workers with a UAE employment work permit can receive free insurance, meals, and accommodation. Some employers may even cover the cost of the work permit.
Did you check – Youth Congress in Canada 2024
UAE Standard Work Visa Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- The company hiring you must have a valid license.
- The company is required to provide you with a job contract.
Check this – Scotland Visa Sponsorship Jobs 2023
Requirements for the UAE Standard Work Visa
The standard visa has three eligibility categories:
- Category 1: Requires at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Category 2: Requires a post-secondary diploma in any field.
- Category 3: Requires a high school diploma.
- Original Passport
- Passport-size photograph
- Copies of academic qualifications validated by the UAE Embassy or consulate in your home country, as well as by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country.
- Medical certificate is required which must be obtained from a government-approved health center in the UAE.
- Additional documents from the hiring company.
How to Secure a UAE Work Permit
Step 1: Secure a Job Offer from a UAE-Based Company
Once you receive an offer letter from the employer, review the contract and job details, including the type and duration of the job, as well as the offered terms.
Step 2: Obtain MoHRE Approval for Work Permit
The UAE employer will initiate the online application process for your work permit. They will submit all necessary documents to GDRFAD Dubai.
Your work visa will be granted upon the approval of the employment contract and work permit by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MoHRE).
Applying for Emirates ID (Final Step)
Upon arrival in the UAE, you must undergo medical examinations and provide biometrics to apply for the Emirates ID, also known as a residency permit.
It is advisable to apply for the Emirates ID promptly after your arrival in the UAE. Having an Emirates ID allows you to perform various activities, such as opening a bank account.
Cost of UAE Work Visa
The fees for obtaining or renewing a work permit vary, ranging from AED 250 to AED 3,450. The specific amount depends on the company’s classification, which could be A, B, or C.
For the latest visa fees, please refer to the official ministry website.
Validity of the Standard Work Visa
The standard work permit is initially valid for 2 years and can be extended as long as you continue to hold employment in the UAE.
How to Apply for the UAE Standard Work Visa?
- Once your work permit for the UAE is granted, it acts as an entry permit, allowing you to enter the UAE based on employment grounds. The process for the UAE Employment Visa begins only after your arrival in the country.
- Upon your entry to the UAE, your employer is responsible for applying for a Residence Visa on your behalf.
- After your application is successfully processed, the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) will stamp an Employment Visa (Residence Visa for employment purposes) in your passport. Additionally, you will be issued an Emirates ID, which is valid for the same duration as the visa.
- Along with the Emirates ID, you will also receive a Labour Card, serving as official documentation that you are authorized to work in the UAE.
Obtaining a Work Visa in Dubai
Dubai, a highly sought-after city in the UAE, offers numerous job opportunities. The procedure for acquiring a work permit in Dubai is similar to that of any other emirate.
Here’s how it works:
- Secure a job in Dubai or receive a job offer from the city.
- Your employer initiates the application for a Work Permit on your behalf.
- Enter Dubai using the granted work permit.
- Your employer facilitates a medical examination and applies for a Residence Card.
- Your employer also ensures you obtain a Labour Card and Emirates ID Card.
Career Prospects in Dubai
Dubai, the pride of the United Arab Emirates renowned for its opulent lifestyle, soaring skyscrapers, and vibrant employment landscape.
Explore the diverse array of job opportunities that Dubai offers across different sectors:
- Hotel Management
- Travel and Tourism
- Event Management
- Finance and Business
- Technology and Innovation
- Healthcare and Education
Popular Dubai Companies that sponsor Work Permits
- Emirates Airline
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA)
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
- Dubai Municipality
- Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA)
- Dubai Police
- DP World
- Emaar Properties
- Sony PlayStation
- Jumeirah Group
- Dubai Duty-Free
- Emirates NBD